The Historical Society was founded in 2002. We meet the 3rd Monday of each month in the Community Room of the Fire House. Our Speaker Series features a wide variety of topics during the months of February, March, April and May.
Your Family's History is Suffield's History
Our museum is located in Suffield's original fire station, our museum holds displays representing a variety of items reflecting life in early Suffield. Special displays include:
- Carriage built here in the late 1800s
- Artifacts from our general store and early businesses
- Suffield School memorabilia
- Scrapbooks of news articles covering all aspects of life in Suffield from 1927 - 1960s
- Early tools, fam inplements and household gadgets
- Spinning wheels
- Seasonal displays
The museum is open to the public following the monthly meetings on the 3rd Monday of each month. The museum can be viewed at your convenience by calling Judy Calcei (330-606-5127), Nancy Wise (330-628-2823) or Bob Longbottom (330-628-4435) to set up a date and time.
- President: Judy Calcei
- Secretary: Pauline Persons
- Treasurer: Nancy Wise
- Curator: Bob Longbottom
- Program Chair: Gino Calcei